High Resolution Logos
Download a copy of our logo in the following formats:EPS TIFF JPG PNG
High Resolution Photo of Joyce Davis, PresidentDownload
Media Fact Sheet
- Founded in 2006, Keeping Babies Safe (KBS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides education, assistance, advocacy, and leadership to keep babies safe from preventable injuries associated with unsafe cribs and sleep environments. The organization provides essential crib and sleep-safety information, product-recall alerts, and safety tips so parents can remain informed and vigilant.
- As a resource for free information about the most reliable crib and sleep-safety information, KBS helps parents, caregivers, and hospital personnel keep babies safe. Visitors to KBS’ website, www.keepingbabiessafe.org, can view the latest information on infant-product recalls and sign up to receive product-recall email alerts.
- KBS, headquartered in Warren, N.J., helped foster passage of the 2011 federal crib standards law. The organization works with manufacturers, retailers, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to ban dangerous supplemental mattresses in portable cribs/play yards. KBS is also working on state and federal legislation that would require hospitals and other birthing facilities to educate new parents on crib safety.
- Partnering with the CPSC and the American Academy of Pediatrics, KBS produced the “Safe Sleep (Environments) for Babies” educational video. It is viewed by health and human service agencies and in hospitals nationwide on the Newborn Channel, reaching more than 3.1 million viewers each year. Through its “Project Safe Crib,” KBS purchases cribs meeting the highest safety standards and donates them to low-income families. The cribs are brought to the families’ homes and set up by staff members at participating health and human services agencies. All families that receive the cribs are educated about safe-sleep practices for their babies.
- KBS was founded by Joyce Davis, who lost her four-month-old son, Garret, to a completely preventable circumstance: an unsafe sleeping condition that might have been avoided had the proper information been available. Calling upon the skills of her Advertising and Psychology degree from Syracuse University, Joyce created KBS in the hope of protecting other families from tragedy and harm. Joyce now serves as president of KBS and works with a Board of Directors on chartering the advocacy work for KBS. The organization is solely funded with grants and donations.
Love is the greatest asset, joy is the greatest reward.